Early new year can be a quiet time for the beauty industry after the madness of party season, however we have a few handy tips and strategies to get your appointment book full and give your retail sales the little boost that they need.
Delight the savvy shopper
- Offer reductions on treatment prices for your quieter mid-week days
- Promote through your social media accounts
- Send out an e-blast to your clients. Make sure you clearly state the T&C’s of your promotion
- Group relevant retail items together and sell at a reduced price
- Ensure your retail space looks pristine. Dust down those shelves and ask your suppliers for new marketing materials to revive and refresh retail displays.
- Ensure that your client consultation records are up to date with all of the relevant data that will help you when it comes to creating a bespoke retail experience including skin type, skin concerns, and favourite brands. Always remember that you are fulfilling a need when you retail to your clients; it’s not a hard sell.
Take it After Hours
- Host an evening retail event. Get your suppliers involved to offer guidance on make-up techniques, discuss skin care concerns and offer advice. Warm up your clients with Hot Chocolate or help them unwind with a glass of fizz…
Ensure you regularly post client images to your social accounts. Social Media is a low cost yet effective way for you to build strong client relationships, attract new customers and a friendly, informal way to keep in touch. Include:
- Before & After Images of Make Up Services
- Close Up Shots of a variety of nail enhancements
- Treatment Room Photos
- Retail Area Photos
- Meet the Team
If you and your team embrace the above you will ensure that you increase your salon retention and keep that till ringing!